Some gifts are large
Some gifts are small
But the greatest gift of all
Comes from the HEART
Volunteering is a gift of the heart.
State GFWC-OK President, Joan Maddox extends a very special invitation to your State Convention in Oklahoma City, at the Holiday Inn Airport, 4401 SW 15th Street on April 26 & 27. Room rate is $95 per night, plus tax. This includes two breakfast tickets (per double room) for anything on the menu up to $10. You are responsible for anything over $10 plus the tip.
You won’t want to miss this convention. Our speakers:
- Marian St. Clair, GFWC President-Elect, will be our special guest. A club woman since 1989, Marian’s unique talents and skills coupled with integrity, compassion and tenacity, make her a dedicated and dynamic leader.
- Cindy Seller-Roach with Heifer International will speak to us about a special GFWC program, the School for Milk for children in Tanzania.
- Sean Kouplen is Oklahoma’s 10th Secretary of Commerce and Workforce Development, the Chairman of Regent Bank and a small business investor. In his role of Secretary of Commerce, Kouplen oversees the economic development for the state.
- Friday evening will be a special treat with a 1920’s Half Moon Speakeasy, dinner theater and murder mystery. Flapper attire is highly recommended. You may be called to action to identify the killer of a flapper who is found shot to death in the back alley. This fun evening program is sure to keep us entertained.
- Done in a day Project. Ladies clean out your closets and bring your slightly used shoes to convention. This is part of our Grand Initiatives of the 2018-2020 Administration: Soles 4 Souls. Shoes can be any type, boots, sandals, athletic, new or old. Children and adult shoes are all accepted. Our goal is for 1,000 pairs!
HOLIDAY INN OKC AIRPORT — 4401 SW 15th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73108. Phone: (405) 601-7272 Be sure to tell them you are with GFWC-OK for the Room rate of $95 plus tax.
Directions from Interstate 40: Exit Meridian and turn south onto Meridian, proceed one mile to the traffic light turn left (East) on SW 15th approximately one block (hotel is on the left side of the road.)
Directions from the airport: Go north on Meridian to SW 15th (approximately one mile). At the stoplight turn East onto SW 15th Hotel on the left side of the road.
DEADLINE FOR RESERVATIONS AND REGISTRATION IS APRIL 19, 2019. You need to make reservations as early as possible because of the Oklahoma City Marathon.
Print Name ___________________________________ Name Tag _________________
Email _________________________________________ Phone ____________________
Address _________________________________ City ________________ ZIP ________
Registration $ 5.00 $ _____________
Friday Lunch $ 23.00 $______________
Friday Evening Murder Mystery $ 39.00 $ _____________
Saturday Lunch $ 25.00 $ ______________
Send to Monica Bartling, GFWC-OK State Treasurer, PO Box 38, Waurika, OK 73573. Phone: 918.688.2063 Email: email@example.com